Brighten Up Your Kitchen with Colorful Cabinets
Looking for kitchen cabinet colors that suit your style?
Cabinet colors set the mood in your kitchen and can pair perfectly with your appliances and other finishes.
You want to select kitchen cabinets that you’ll be happy to live with for years to come, and you also want to consider which colors brighten and visibly enlarge the room.
Choosing the Right Cabinet Colors
- Gorgeous Gray – There are so many shades of gray, from gray-white to dark grays that are almost black, and gray is one of the most popular accent colors in recent years. Gray kitchens can sometimes look a little dull, so be sure to pair with contrasting colors for seating and finishes.
- Beautiful Blue – Consider a fashionable powder blue, a fresh, clean, and relaxing shade. Also consider a gray-toned ocean blue, which is eye catching without being overpowering.
- Go Green – Embrace nature with green cabinets! Green cabinets range from fresh mint to earthy sage, to deep foliage green. Green can be a soothing shade and looks great in modern or traditional kitchens.
- Sunshine Yellow – Bolder, brighter, and warmer shades are a growing trend. Use sunset yellows or oranges on simple cabinet styles like slab or Shaker rather than traditional cabinets and use a paler shade in a smaller room. Keep in mind – while yellows are easier to keep clean than whites, they won’t be as grime-concealing as dark cabinets.
Trying to make your kitchen trendier? Besides bold colors, consider these other upgrades when buying cabinets for the kitchen:
- Roll-Out Shelving – Custom kitchens have lots of built-in features to add functionality and adding shelving to your cabinets can be done on a budget! Consider a roll-out shelf for bottom cabinets to make it easier to store pots and pans.
- Flat-front cabinets – Also called slab doors, flat-front doors are solid with no panels or any other framing. This simple, minimalist look works really well for modern kitchens.
- Soft close cabinets – Consider this type of hinge for your cabinets to reduce noise in your kitchen. Drawers and doors suffer damage over the years of being slammed close, so this is a great way to preserve your cabinets.
Talk with the Experts About Your Kitchen Design in Ann Arbor
Whether your kitchen simply needs a new look, or you want to tear the walls down and start over, our team can bring beauty and functionality into this key space. Maybe you're looking for low-maintenance flooring, upgraded countertops, or built-ins for added space. Many problems can be solved with the help of a new set of expert eyes.
Although there is a lot to think about when designing a new kitchen, just browsing some trends and ideas can help you decide what you like and what’s most important to you. Start a conversation about your kitchen design with experts and give us a call today! We’re ready to work with you to design and build the perfect space.
All smiles from start to finish!
The deciding factor in choosing to work with Alpha was their confidence in the project and completion time line. They have done other renovations for us and it was a positive experience once again.
Debbie, Chelsea, MI
The whole team was approachable and responsive to my emails and questions. I would recommend this company for any project, big or small.
Louise, Ann Arbor, MI
We felt very comfortable when we initially visited Alpha. We felt the staff was open, honest, and wouldn't mislead us.
Jeffrey & Kim, Ypsilanti, MI
Alpha Design's priorities are happy customers!
Hugh, Ann Arbor, MI
Cy was a fabulous construction manager. Always communicated with me about any issues, arrival time, etc... So polite and kind. Mary was also so great. She's so creative!
Karen & Dave, Ann Arbor, MI
We appreciate the quality of the work by everyone who came to our house. Dan Mattes was very patient and helpful and answered all of our questions. Our new bathrooms are great!
Steve and Melissa, Ann Arbor, MI
The entire Alpha team was so nice to work with. Every person we dealt with knew their craft and the final product is an example of that.
Jonathan and Amanda, Ann Arbor, MI
We liked the people. Good working relationship. Design fit our vision. Materials and workmanship were high quality. We would definitely use you again on a future project.
Brian and Joey, Ann Arbor, MI
Ken, Mary, and Phil made the renovation process for our bathroom-laundry room pretty painless. They kept us in the loop, cleaned up at the end of the day, and always demonstrated a high level of professionalism (early/on-time, respectful, reliable, etc.) which made them stand out compared to all the other contractors we contacted.
Adrianne and Chris, Ann Arbor, MI
The new bathroom is great. It was a very positive experience from beginning to end. The quality of the people working for
Alpha is a real credit to the company.
Chris and Pam, Ann Arbor, MI
When it comes to design, cost management and construction, the team at Alpha made me feel confident and reassured that my project would be completed on time and on budget.
Jeff and Mary, Ann Arbor, MI
I have nothing but good things to say about Alpha and what they did for us and our house. What Alpha says they will do, they do. Everyone I talked to had a horror story about contractors. Alpha is the anti-horror story. Alpha is that rarest of commodities – a genuinely reliable contractor.
Tony and Lisa, Ann Arbor, MI
I would highly recommend Alpha to others. The company workers are courteous, show respect and concern for the customer and demonstrate careful and fine workmanship.
Sara, Ann Arbor, MI
In our initial meeting, Alpha was very informative giving us a step-by-step on how and when things happen through the remodel process. Alpha took what seemed to us an overwhelming job and made it a very clear, step-by-step process ending in a great new kitchen!
George and Barb, Pinckney, MI
I absolutely love my house now. It looks brand new, and I have received many compliments from my neighbors (some of whom I have never spoken to before).
Kathy, Saline, MI
To the Alpha team who helped our kitchen be such a wonderful place for us to hang out, cook, and simply enjoy. If we had it to do over again, we wouldn’t change a single thing. We were most impressed with the professionalism you people displayed while working with us. Thank you.
Fred and Barbara, Ann Arbor, MI
We had Alpha build a two-story addition on our 1927 Dutch Colonial house. The design team at Alpha did such a good job of matching the style of the house that people who see it now believe it was all part of the original house.