Cabinet Considerations for Your Kitchen
Are you in the middle of designing a new kitchen?
Are you overwhelmed by all the design choices you have to make, from paint colors, to countertops, to kitchen cabinets?
Choosing the right kitchen cabinets can be daunting. There are so many colors, styles, finishes, and materials to choose from! If you’re updating an older kitchen, you may want to go more modern in style. If you want to stay traditional, do you refinish your existing cabinets, or buy completely new ones?
Here’s our top considerations when picking out cabinets:
- Decide between custom or prefabricated cabinets: If you’ve got room in your budget, custom is the way to go. At Alpha, we take a blueprint of your space and figure out how to maximize storage and efficiency without compromising on style. You’ll get cabinets shaped perfectly for your space and your needs.
- Think about how you want your kitchen to be organized: Kitchen remodeling can be the perfect solution for an unorganized kitchen! There are so many unique ways to make your cabinets and drawers more tailored to the way you like to store your appliances, utensils, and food.
- Think about the finish: The finish of your cabinet doors can make them pop as an accent or make them fade away into the background. Consider a glossy door for a sleek, modern design, or solid wood for a traditional design.
- Look into undercabinet lighting: LED strips under your wall-mounted cabinets are a great way to add a warm glow to your kitchen. Aside from being stylish, under-cabinet lighting is also practical – you can see better at night or get extra help reading that small recipe card.
- What cabinet door styles do you like? Traditional designs like raised arch cabinet doors are perfect for a wholesome, cottage kitchen style, while modern slab designs are perfect for the more minimalist homeowner.
- Modern vs. traditional vs. transitional: which is best? At the end of the day, cabinets are all about personal style. There truly is no “best” style, but rather the best one for you! Modern cabinets are increasingly popular however, and do tend to offer better ROI in the case you plan on selling your home. If you’d rather stick with traditional, however, just make sure the style of your cabinets marries up with the overall décor of your kitchen.
Remember, the cabinet doors are one of the first things people notice in your kitchen, so they have to make a positive impact!
Styling and décor aside, your kitchen cabinets can also be very important for storage and organization in your kitchen. As such, you need to take a good hard look at your cooking habits to decide what kind of cabinets would best serve you and your family in terms of meal prep.
Kitchens Built on Great Design
A great kitchen design begins with a great plan, and we have the knowledge and access to bring a world of exciting materials and fixtures to your door while helping you stick to a budget. Whether your kitchen simply needs a new look, or you want to tear the walls down and start over, our interior designers can bring beauty and functionality into this key space. Maybe you're looking for low-maintenance flooring, upgraded countertops, or built-ins for added space. Many problems can be solved with the help of a new set of expert eyes.
Contact us today to get started on your new kitchen design!
All smiles from start to finish!
Cy was a fabulous construction manager. Always communicated with me about any issues, arrival time, etc... So polite and kind. Mary was also so great. She's so creative!
Karen & Dave, Ann Arbor, MI
We appreciate the quality of the work by everyone who came to our house. Dan Mattes was very patient and helpful and answered all of our questions. Our new bathrooms are great!
Steve and Melissa, Ann Arbor, MI
The entire Alpha team was so nice to work with. Every person we dealt with knew their craft and the final product is an example of that.
Jonathan and Amanda, Ann Arbor, MI,
We liked the people. Good working relationship. Design fit our vision. Materials and workmanship were high quality. We would definitely use you again on a future project.
Brian and Joey, Ann Arbor, MI
Ken, Mary, and Phil made the renovation process for our bathroom-laundry room pretty painless. They kept us in the loop, cleaned up at the end of the day, and always demonstrated a high level of professionalism (early/on-time, respectful, reliable, etc.) which made them stand out compared to all the other contractors we contacted.
Adrianne and Chris, Ann Arbor, MI
The new bathroom is great. It was a very positive experience from beginning to end. The quality of the people working for
Alpha is a real credit to the company.
Chris and Pam, Ann Arbor, MI
When it comes to design, cost management and construction, the team at Alpha made me feel confident and reassured that my project would be completed on time and on budget.
Jeff and Mary, Ann Arbor, MI
I have nothing but good things to say about Alpha and what they did for us and our house. What Alpha says they will do, they do. Everyone I talked to had a horror story about contractors. Alpha is the anti-horror story. Alpha is that rarest of commodities – a genuinely reliable contractor.
Tony and Lisa, Ann Arbor, MI
I would highly recommend Alpha to others. The company workers are courteous, show respect and concern for the customer and demonstrate careful and fine workmanship.
Sara, Ann Arbor, MI
In our initial meeting, Alpha was very informative giving us a step-by-step on how and when things happen through the remodel process. Alpha took what seemed to us an overwhelming job and made it a very clear, step-by-step process ending in a great new kitchen!
George and Barb, Pinckney, MI
I absolutely love my house now. It looks brand new, and I have received many compliments from my neighbors (some of whom I have never spoken to before).
Kathy, Saline, MI
To the Alpha team who helped our kitchen be such a wonderful place for us to hang out, cook, and simply enjoy. If we had it to do over again, we wouldn’t change a single thing. We were most impressed with the professionalism you people displayed while working with us. Thank you.
Fred and Barbara, Ann Arbor, MI
We had Alpha build a two-story addition on our 1927 Dutch Colonial house. The design team at Alpha did such a good job of matching the style of the house that people who see it now believe it was all part of the original house.