How to Optimize Storage in Bathrooms and Kitchens
Do you have a beautiful kitchen or bathroom but are somehow still struggling to find extra space?
Is storage an issue in your home?
Even the most beautifully designed kitchens and bathrooms need great storage. If you’re having trouble finding functional space, you may need to use the space you do have more efficiently.
This might mean a kitchen or bath remodel is in your future, but in the meantime, read our tips for getting the most out of your kitchen and bath:
- Open shelves: Open shelves and wire racks provide plenty of storage while keeping the items you use frequently within arm’s reach. You can use this storage option in the kitchen for flatware and mugs, or in the bath for skincare and beauty items.
- Pantry customization: Your pantry is what you make it! Use over-the-door racks in the kitchen for spices and ingredients, or in the bathroom for cleaning supplies. Baskets can keep the area under your sink organized.
- Think vertical: Stack towels down below your sink on a vertical rack. In the kitchen, use storage tools like cabinet shelves or expandable “towers” to make room for mugs, or stacked plates overtop of the coffeemaker or other appliances.
- Utilize baskets: No pantry or linen closet? No problem! In the kitchen and bath, you can “hide” items with baskets, or organize items with plastic storage bins for ease of access.
Since your bathroom and kitchen are probably the most high-trafficked areas of your home, it’s easy for them to get cluttered or messy. In addition to the storage solutions above, also consider these kitchen and bath design elements to stop clutter before it starts:
- In the kitchen, consider a walk-in pantry as part of your remodel. This space will be exclusively for storage, and large enough to hold all your items, so your main kitchen space will become less cluttered.
- Most modern kitchen designs include a large island, which can be multi-functional by providing seating, extra storage, and a prep station.
For the best kitchen and bath design for your Ann Arbor home, hire the pros! Our expert designers have an eye for colors and materials while also keeping functionality in mind. A beautiful space is great, but a beautiful space that works efficiently is even better.
Contact Alpha Design + Build to create the space you’ve always wanted.
All smiles from start to finish!
The deciding factor in choosing to work with Alpha was their confidence in the project and completion time line. They have done other renovations for us and it was a positive experience once again.
Debbie, Chelsea, MI
The whole team was approachable and responsive to my emails and questions. I would recommend this company for any project, big or small.
Louise, Ann Arbor, MI
We felt very comfortable when we initially visited Alpha. We felt the staff was open, honest, and wouldn't mislead us.
Jeffrey & Kim, Ypsilanti, MI
Alpha Design's priorities are happy customers!
Hugh, Ann Arbor, MI
Cy was a fabulous construction manager. Always communicated with me about any issues, arrival time, etc... So polite and kind. Mary was also so great. She's so creative!
Karen & Dave, Ann Arbor, MI
We appreciate the quality of the work by everyone who came to our house. Dan Mattes was very patient and helpful and answered all of our questions. Our new bathrooms are great!
Steve and Melissa, Ann Arbor, MI
The entire Alpha team was so nice to work with. Every person we dealt with knew their craft and the final product is an example of that.
Jonathan and Amanda, Ann Arbor, MI
We liked the people. Good working relationship. Design fit our vision. Materials and workmanship were high quality. We would definitely use you again on a future project.
Brian and Joey, Ann Arbor, MI
Ken, Mary, and Phil made the renovation process for our bathroom-laundry room pretty painless. They kept us in the loop, cleaned up at the end of the day, and always demonstrated a high level of professionalism (early/on-time, respectful, reliable, etc.) which made them stand out compared to all the other contractors we contacted.
Adrianne and Chris, Ann Arbor, MI
The new bathroom is great. It was a very positive experience from beginning to end. The quality of the people working for
Alpha is a real credit to the company.
Chris and Pam, Ann Arbor, MI
When it comes to design, cost management and construction, the team at Alpha made me feel confident and reassured that my project would be completed on time and on budget.
Jeff and Mary, Ann Arbor, MI
I have nothing but good things to say about Alpha and what they did for us and our house. What Alpha says they will do, they do. Everyone I talked to had a horror story about contractors. Alpha is the anti-horror story. Alpha is that rarest of commodities – a genuinely reliable contractor.
Tony and Lisa, Ann Arbor, MI
I would highly recommend Alpha to others. The company workers are courteous, show respect and concern for the customer and demonstrate careful and fine workmanship.
Sara, Ann Arbor, MI
In our initial meeting, Alpha was very informative giving us a step-by-step on how and when things happen through the remodel process. Alpha took what seemed to us an overwhelming job and made it a very clear, step-by-step process ending in a great new kitchen!
George and Barb, Pinckney, MI
I absolutely love my house now. It looks brand new, and I have received many compliments from my neighbors (some of whom I have never spoken to before).
Kathy, Saline, MI
To the Alpha team who helped our kitchen be such a wonderful place for us to hang out, cook, and simply enjoy. If we had it to do over again, we wouldn’t change a single thing. We were most impressed with the professionalism you people displayed while working with us. Thank you.
Fred and Barbara, Ann Arbor, MI
We had Alpha build a two-story addition on our 1927 Dutch Colonial house. The design team at Alpha did such a good job of matching the style of the house that people who see it now believe it was all part of the original house.