Add Square Footage to Your Home with a Finished Basement
Looking for added space in your home?
Are you struggling to find room for your family to gather, to add an extra workspace, or to create a home gym?
Over the last year, many of us spent the majority of our time at home. Maybe you realized you don’t have the storage space you need, or that your family is quickly outgrowing your home’s square footage.
Added space can often be found in your basement! If your home has an unfinished basement, finishing it can seem like a huge undertaking, but it’s worth the work if you end up with a beautiful, polished multi-use space that works for the whole family.
Unfinished basements are a blank slate! Here are some ideas you can use as inspiration when you consider a basement remodel:
- Basement movie theater: If you think you’ll spend most of your time watching TV or movies, you might as well go all out! Buy some comfy furniture and get an extra-large TV or projector. Since basements are usually dark, they’re the perfect space to create the movie theater experience at home.
- Second family room: If you want to keep it light and bright, you can use light colored carpeting and recessed lighting to create a second family room that doesn’t feel dark and dingy. Use wood accents and comfy furniture to make this a place your family and friends will want to hang out.
- Wet bar basement: With plenty of seating and a bar, your basement can be entertainment central. Consider a wall-mounted fireplace and cozy accents like throw pillows and blankets to warm up the space!
- Modern home gym: Looking for a space to work out? The basement is a great place for this! Use large mirrors to make the space seem bigger (so you can make sure you’re using proper form) and consider putting tile down if it’s not there already to add a simple finish.
- Home office: Still working from home or have kids who need to do homework or virtual schooling? The basement is a great place to create a quiet office. Consider built-ins and bookshelves to give the room a studious feel. Keep it simple with good lighting and a nice desk, and this spot will be a great place to focus and get work done.
Looking for Basement Finishing Contractors in Ann Arbor?
Basements are no longer the dark, dingy collectors of boxes and spiders they once were. Today's basements have been transformed into spare bedrooms, entertainment hubs, bars, and man-caves, adding important living space and value to your home. Let our interior designers and craftsman team up to create the perfect space for your needs.
Good basement finishing contractors are hard to find! We work hard to make every experience with us a great one, but don’t take it from us! Listen to one of our happy clients:
“I have nothing but good things to say about Alpha and what they did for us and our house. What Alpha says they will do, they do. Everyone I talked to had a horror story about contractors. Alpha is the anti-horror story. Alpha is that rarest of commodities – a genuinely reliable contractor.”
Contact us today to get started on your basement remodel!
All smiles from start to finish!
Cy was a fabulous construction manager. Always communicated with me about any issues, arrival time, etc... So polite and kind. Mary was also so great. She's so creative!
Karen & Dave, Ann Arbor, MI
We appreciate the quality of the work by everyone who came to our house. Dan Mattes was very patient and helpful and answered all of our questions. Our new bathrooms are great!
Steve and Melissa, Ann Arbor, MI
The entire Alpha team was so nice to work with. Every person we dealt with knew their craft and the final product is an example of that.
Jonathan and Amanda, Ann Arbor, MI,
We liked the people. Good working relationship. Design fit our vision. Materials and workmanship were high quality. We would definitely use you again on a future project.
Brian and Joey, Ann Arbor, MI
Ken, Mary, and Phil made the renovation process for our bathroom-laundry room pretty painless. They kept us in the loop, cleaned up at the end of the day, and always demonstrated a high level of professionalism (early/on-time, respectful, reliable, etc.) which made them stand out compared to all the other contractors we contacted.
Adrianne and Chris, Ann Arbor, MI
The new bathroom is great. It was a very positive experience from beginning to end. The quality of the people working for
Alpha is a real credit to the company.
Chris and Pam, Ann Arbor, MI
When it comes to design, cost management and construction, the team at Alpha made me feel confident and reassured that my project would be completed on time and on budget.
Jeff and Mary, Ann Arbor, MI
I have nothing but good things to say about Alpha and what they did for us and our house. What Alpha says they will do, they do. Everyone I talked to had a horror story about contractors. Alpha is the anti-horror story. Alpha is that rarest of commodities – a genuinely reliable contractor.
Tony and Lisa, Ann Arbor, MI
I would highly recommend Alpha to others. The company workers are courteous, show respect and concern for the customer and demonstrate careful and fine workmanship.
Sara, Ann Arbor, MI
In our initial meeting, Alpha was very informative giving us a step-by-step on how and when things happen through the remodel process. Alpha took what seemed to us an overwhelming job and made it a very clear, step-by-step process ending in a great new kitchen!
George and Barb, Pinckney, MI
I absolutely love my house now. It looks brand new, and I have received many compliments from my neighbors (some of whom I have never spoken to before).
Kathy, Saline, MI
To the Alpha team who helped our kitchen be such a wonderful place for us to hang out, cook, and simply enjoy. If we had it to do over again, we wouldn’t change a single thing. We were most impressed with the professionalism you people displayed while working with us. Thank you.
Fred and Barbara, Ann Arbor, MI
We had Alpha build a two-story addition on our 1927 Dutch Colonial house. The design team at Alpha did such a good job of matching the style of the house that people who see it now believe it was all part of the original house.