Maximize Space and Add Style to Your Kitchen Remodel
Wondering how a kitchen remodel in Ann Arbor can help you maximize space?
Does your kitchen need a serious injection of style?
Not sure what direction to go?
Wondering how a professional designer can help you create the kitchen of your dreams?
Your kitchen is a big deal. We spend a lot of time there, and company always seems to gravitate to the kitchen. So we want our kitchens to be both beautiful and functional. If your kitchen isn’t meeting the mark in one or both of these categories, don’t worry! We have the design expertise to maximize space and add style to your kitchen remodel in Ann Arbor.
Adding Style with Your Kitchen Remodel
Details are always important, if you want to infuse panache into your kitchen remodel, it helps to start with a sense of the overall style you’re drawn to. You don’t have to pick just one style to have a cohesive design, but choosing one or two styles to focus on will help you and your designer bring the right look to your new kitchen. Start by browsing a few major styles to get an idea of what you like:
- Country: a cozy, lived-in look with farmhouse tables and colors ranging from soft white and country blue to primary red.
- Modern: sleek, sophisticated, and clutter-free with wood accents for texture; understated fabrics, mid-century seating, and polished surfaces are often staples.
- Eclectic: whimsical and retro style great for flea-market finds, high-end appliances, and bold colors.
- Contemporary: family friendly with space to entertain and an open layout that includes touches of old and new material, gourmet cooking equipment, and comfortable seating.
- Mediterranean: a warm, romantic atmosphere brought to life with warm woods, ceramic accessories, copper pots, ornate moldings, and textured fabrics.
- Coastal: cool blues and greens, sandy tans, sleek tile floors, wicker seating, maximum natural light, and airy window treatments help create a vacation vibe.
Maximizing Space with Your Kitchen Remodel
Even a large kitchen can go to waste with a design that doesn’t consider efficiency. Explore some ideas to get a feel for the ways you can use your kitchen space more effectively when you remodel.
- Make a list: what works and what doesn’t with your current layout? You might be tempted to skip this step; but writing it all out will help you make better design decisions.
- Use your vertical space: going vertical makes your kitchen larger and more functional. Floor-to-ceiling cabinets create a ton of storage space and keep your counters clear. Also consider a hanging rack for pots and pans, storing items below cabinets with hooks, and installing magnetic strips for knife and spice storage.
- Organization solutions: when everything has its space, you reduce clutter, and create a space that feels larger. Drawer organizers, appliance garages, and hooks on the inside of cabinet doors are just a few ideas for space-maximizing organization.
- Slide and spin: instead of ending up with the dreaded dead-zone at the back of your cabinets, get the most out of your space with sliding shelves or a lazy Susan. These solutions help you use (and organize) more of your space than traditional cupboards.
How our design process delivers quality kitchen remodels in Ann Arbor.
Get a feel for our design process and you’ll see that with Alpha Design & + Build, your needs come first.
- Great designers explore trends and are well versed in the classics. No matter which styles you lean towards, your designer has the skills to bring the look to your kitchen.
- We don’t have a one and done design attitude. Designers present options for items like layouts and finishes so there’s no pressure to go along with a single design.
- If you’re looking for the cookie cutter in our toolbox, you’ll be looking for a while. Instead of relying basic designs and layouts, it’s our mission to listen to you and deliver unique results.
- Computer aided design allows you to walk through designs virtually instead of just looking at a 2-D sketch and samples.
- Our showroom is at your disposal, giving you the opportunity for a hands-on experience with materials and finishes.
- A highly detailed estimate is a huge part of the design process. Your designer will work with a set budget in mind and provide an estimate they know they can stick to!
Get on the road to a new kitchen that feels bigger and has better style today when you call Alpha Design + Build. With a design process that puts you first, you can trust us to plan the perfect space for your home.
All smiles from start to finish!
Cy was a fabulous construction manager. Always communicated with me about any issues, arrival time, etc... So polite and kind. Mary was also so great. She's so creative!
Karen & Dave, Ann Arbor, MI
We appreciate the quality of the work by everyone who came to our house. Dan Mattes was very patient and helpful and answered all of our questions. Our new bathrooms are great!
Steve and Melissa, Ann Arbor, MI
The entire Alpha team was so nice to work with. Every person we dealt with knew their craft and the final product is an example of that.
Jonathan and Amanda, Ann Arbor, MI,
We liked the people. Good working relationship. Design fit our vision. Materials and workmanship were high quality. We would definitely use you again on a future project.
Brian and Joey, Ann Arbor, MI
Ken, Mary, and Phil made the renovation process for our bathroom-laundry room pretty painless. They kept us in the loop, cleaned up at the end of the day, and always demonstrated a high level of professionalism (early/on-time, respectful, reliable, etc.) which made them stand out compared to all the other contractors we contacted.
Adrianne and Chris, Ann Arbor, MI
The new bathroom is great. It was a very positive experience from beginning to end. The quality of the people working for
Alpha is a real credit to the company.
Chris and Pam, Ann Arbor, MI
When it comes to design, cost management and construction, the team at Alpha made me feel confident and reassured that my project would be completed on time and on budget.
Jeff and Mary, Ann Arbor, MI
I have nothing but good things to say about Alpha and what they did for us and our house. What Alpha says they will do, they do. Everyone I talked to had a horror story about contractors. Alpha is the anti-horror story. Alpha is that rarest of commodities – a genuinely reliable contractor.
Tony and Lisa, Ann Arbor, MI
I would highly recommend Alpha to others. The company workers are courteous, show respect and concern for the customer and demonstrate careful and fine workmanship.
Sara, Ann Arbor, MI
In our initial meeting, Alpha was very informative giving us a step-by-step on how and when things happen through the remodel process. Alpha took what seemed to us an overwhelming job and made it a very clear, step-by-step process ending in a great new kitchen!
George and Barb, Pinckney, MI
I absolutely love my house now. It looks brand new, and I have received many compliments from my neighbors (some of whom I have never spoken to before).
Kathy, Saline, MI
To the Alpha team who helped our kitchen be such a wonderful place for us to hang out, cook, and simply enjoy. If we had it to do over again, we wouldn’t change a single thing. We were most impressed with the professionalism you people displayed while working with us. Thank you.
Fred and Barbara, Ann Arbor, MI
We had Alpha build a two-story addition on our 1927 Dutch Colonial house. The design team at Alpha did such a good job of matching the style of the house that people who see it now believe it was all part of the original house.