On-Trend Kitchen Designs for 2020
Happy New Year! Are you working on your resolutions?
Do you want to start a project that will improve the look, feel, and function of your kitchen? It’s time to move a new kitchen design to the top of your list.
As you start planning, consider these trends! Your kitchen will be the envy of your friends and neighbors and make your house the go-to spot for parties this year.
- Upgrade your dishwasher. Finally get high-end dishwasher you’ve always wanted! Your new kitchen needs an efficient dishwasher that won’t make more work for you. New Bosch dishwashers use zeolite crystals to ensure your dishes are dry when they come out! No more extra drying time. These crystals absorb 30% of their weight in moisture and undergo a chemical process that causes them to heat up. Quick and efficient drying is in your future!
- Colorful cabinets. In 2020, don’t be afraid of a pop of color! You can still have a neutral, clean kitchen, but add your personality to the space with a bright blue or green cabinet color. Pale mint and olive are popular in farmhouse kitchens, but a bright color can modernize any space.
- Save produce with a new fridge! Keep your fruits and vegetables fresh longer when you get a refrigerator with an ethylene gas filter. Ripening fruit gives off this gas, which can cause veggies in the fridge to rot faster. A new fridge could save you money and keep your vegetables crisp for longer!
- Temporary wallpaper. A peel-able, adhesive wallpaper could be the answer your ever-changing style! If you’re worried about doing wallpaper only to get tired of the design in a few years, this could be the answer. Try Anthopologie or Tempaper to see the styles available.
- Counter to ceiling backsplash. Install your backsplash tile or stone so it goes all the way to the ceiling. This style gives the kitchen a more cohesive look and creates a really eye-catching focal point.
Need a Designer to Help with Kitchen Design?
Trying to decide on different colors, styles, and accents can be overwhelming. There’s so much to choose from! A designer can go a long way in taking some of the stress out of designing your dream kitchen and making it fun again.
Our designers are experienced and will work with you to make your vision come to life. We’ll welcome you into our Design Center several times over the course of the Design phase, asking you to consider options that we hope will surprise and delight you.
Whether your kitchen simply needs a new look, or you want to tear the walls down and start over, our interior designers can bring beauty and functionality into this key space. Maybe you're looking for low-maintenance flooring, upgraded countertops, or built-ins for added space. Many problems can be solved with the help of a new set of expert eyes. We're great with tight spaces and can help you envision a place you'll love and where memories are made.
A great kitchen begins with a great plan, and we have the knowledge and access to bring a world of exciting materials and fixtures to your door while helping you stick to a budget.
All smiles from start to finish!
Cy was a fabulous construction manager. Always communicated with me about any issues, arrival time, etc... So polite and kind. Mary was also so great. She's so creative!
Karen & Dave, Ann Arbor, MI
We appreciate the quality of the work by everyone who came to our house. Dan Mattes was very patient and helpful and answered all of our questions. Our new bathrooms are great!
Steve and Melissa, Ann Arbor, MI
The entire Alpha team was so nice to work with. Every person we dealt with knew their craft and the final product is an example of that.
Jonathan and Amanda, Ann Arbor, MI,
We liked the people. Good working relationship. Design fit our vision. Materials and workmanship were high quality. We would definitely use you again on a future project.
Brian and Joey, Ann Arbor, MI
Ken, Mary, and Phil made the renovation process for our bathroom-laundry room pretty painless. They kept us in the loop, cleaned up at the end of the day, and always demonstrated a high level of professionalism (early/on-time, respectful, reliable, etc.) which made them stand out compared to all the other contractors we contacted.
Adrianne and Chris, Ann Arbor, MI
The new bathroom is great. It was a very positive experience from beginning to end. The quality of the people working for
Alpha is a real credit to the company.
Chris and Pam, Ann Arbor, MI
When it comes to design, cost management and construction, the team at Alpha made me feel confident and reassured that my project would be completed on time and on budget.
Jeff and Mary, Ann Arbor, MI
I have nothing but good things to say about Alpha and what they did for us and our house. What Alpha says they will do, they do. Everyone I talked to had a horror story about contractors. Alpha is the anti-horror story. Alpha is that rarest of commodities – a genuinely reliable contractor.
Tony and Lisa, Ann Arbor, MI
I would highly recommend Alpha to others. The company workers are courteous, show respect and concern for the customer and demonstrate careful and fine workmanship.
Sara, Ann Arbor, MI
In our initial meeting, Alpha was very informative giving us a step-by-step on how and when things happen through the remodel process. Alpha took what seemed to us an overwhelming job and made it a very clear, step-by-step process ending in a great new kitchen!
George and Barb, Pinckney, MI
I absolutely love my house now. It looks brand new, and I have received many compliments from my neighbors (some of whom I have never spoken to before).
Kathy, Saline, MI
To the Alpha team who helped our kitchen be such a wonderful place for us to hang out, cook, and simply enjoy. If we had it to do over again, we wouldn’t change a single thing. We were most impressed with the professionalism you people displayed while working with us. Thank you.
Fred and Barbara, Ann Arbor, MI
We had Alpha build a two-story addition on our 1927 Dutch Colonial house. The design team at Alpha did such a good job of matching the style of the house that people who see it now believe it was all part of the original house.