Choosing the Perfect Additions for Your Custom Kitchen
Have you always dreamed of a bright, open kitchen for your home? Do you want a kitchen that can be a place for friends and family to gather, and where you can create delicious meals?
Every home should have a functional kitchen that also looks great. If you’re designing a custom kitchen for your Ann Arbor home, picking the right materials, color schemes, and high-end finishes will help ensure that you’ll enjoy your kitchen for years to come.
Additionally, if you’re remodeling your kitchen with hopes of selling your home, there are a couple design choices you can make to increase your resale value. You’ll enjoy your kitchen more with these additions, and also know that you’ll be able to get top dollar for your home if you ever decide to sell.
- First, remember that white is the dominant color! Year after year, white is on the top of the list of homeowners’ favorite kitchen colors. White is always in style, and will brighten up even the smallest kitchen.
- Choose hardwood for flooring! The National Association of Realtors says “more than half of home buyers who purchased a home without hardwood floors say they would have paid an extra $2,080 for them”. Hardwood gives a cozy, warm feeling to any home, and will last the test of time.
- Use shaker-style cabinets for a timeless look. Simple frame and panel designs of shaker cabinets will create clean lines in your kitchen.
- Marble countertops are always popular! Carrara marble in particular has been used in homes for years and years, and its subtle colors go with any color scheme. This type of marble is pretty readily available, making it less expensive than quartz.
- Subway tile backsplash is easy to clean and looks classy. Backsplash can be an opportunity for a splash of color in your kitchen, but keeping it neutral will help it blend with any look. A classic white subway tile will make your kitchen look brighter.
- Smart storage is a must! If your kitchen is going to be a place for parties and gatherings, you need to be able to store your kitchenware in a way that is both functional and looks good. Cabinet manufacturers have nearly unlimited storage options for your custom kitchen including shelves and compartments that unfold, turn, extend, and slide.
Let Alpha Design + Build Help You Create your Dream Custom Kitchen in Ann Arbor and the Surrounding Communities!
Our design team has the knowledge and expertise to help you, and our project managers, carpenters, and tradesmen have the skills to get the job done. At Alpha Design + Build, we believe that a properly designed project is less expensive, completed more quickly, and has fewer cost overruns than a project done “on the fly”. Our process puts you first! Contact us today to set up a consultation, and start creating your dream home.
All smiles from start to finish!
The whole team was approachable and responsive to my emails and questions. I would recommend this company for any project, big or small.
Louise, Ann Arbor, MI
We felt very comfortable when we initially visited Alpha. We felt the staff was open, honest, and wouldn't mislead us.
Jeffrey & Kim, Ypsilanti, MI
Alpha Design's priorities are happy customers!
Hugh, Ann Arbor, MI
Cy was a fabulous construction manager. Always communicated with me about any issues, arrival time, etc... So polite and kind. Mary was also so great. She's so creative!
Karen & Dave, Ann Arbor, MI
We appreciate the quality of the work by everyone who came to our house. Dan Mattes was very patient and helpful and answered all of our questions. Our new bathrooms are great!
Steve and Melissa, Ann Arbor, MI
The entire Alpha team was so nice to work with. Every person we dealt with knew their craft and the final product is an example of that.
Jonathan and Amanda, Ann Arbor, MI
We liked the people. Good working relationship. Design fit our vision. Materials and workmanship were high quality. We would definitely use you again on a future project.
Brian and Joey, Ann Arbor, MI
Ken, Mary, and Phil made the renovation process for our bathroom-laundry room pretty painless. They kept us in the loop, cleaned up at the end of the day, and always demonstrated a high level of professionalism (early/on-time, respectful, reliable, etc.) which made them stand out compared to all the other contractors we contacted.
Adrianne and Chris, Ann Arbor, MI
The new bathroom is great. It was a very positive experience from beginning to end. The quality of the people working for
Alpha is a real credit to the company.
Chris and Pam, Ann Arbor, MI
When it comes to design, cost management and construction, the team at Alpha made me feel confident and reassured that my project would be completed on time and on budget.
Jeff and Mary, Ann Arbor, MI
I have nothing but good things to say about Alpha and what they did for us and our house. What Alpha says they will do, they do. Everyone I talked to had a horror story about contractors. Alpha is the anti-horror story. Alpha is that rarest of commodities – a genuinely reliable contractor.
Tony and Lisa, Ann Arbor, MI
I would highly recommend Alpha to others. The company workers are courteous, show respect and concern for the customer and demonstrate careful and fine workmanship.
Sara, Ann Arbor, MI
In our initial meeting, Alpha was very informative giving us a step-by-step on how and when things happen through the remodel process. Alpha took what seemed to us an overwhelming job and made it a very clear, step-by-step process ending in a great new kitchen!
George and Barb, Pinckney, MI
I absolutely love my house now. It looks brand new, and I have received many compliments from my neighbors (some of whom I have never spoken to before).
Kathy, Saline, MI
To the Alpha team who helped our kitchen be such a wonderful place for us to hang out, cook, and simply enjoy. If we had it to do over again, we wouldn’t change a single thing. We were most impressed with the professionalism you people displayed while working with us. Thank you.
Fred and Barbara, Ann Arbor, MI
We had Alpha build a two-story addition on our 1927 Dutch Colonial house. The design team at Alpha did such a good job of matching the style of the house that people who see it now believe it was all part of the original house.