Considerations for Your Bathroom Remodel
Want to tackle remodeling your bathroom this summer?
Do you need to gain storage, improve lighting, and make stylish upgrades to your fixtures?
Whether you have a first floor powder room for guests or you’re working on the en suite for your bedroom, functionality should be at the heart of your remodel.
Some considerations as you start planning:
- Plumbing – Residential plumbing usually uses 1 ½-inch pipes for drains. Those are so easily clogged, and the cost to upgrade to a larger 2-inch drain is not much higher. Want to upgrade your showerhead? Consider a rainfall or rain shower head, dual showerheads, or even a showerhead with LED lights.
- Lighting – Think about recessed light fixtures for your ceiling to help brighten the room. One or two in your shower installed with a dimmer switch will let you set the mood in your bathroom, perfect for a spa-like retreat.
- Different types of toilets – Traditional two-piece toilets (tank and bowl) are not the only choice! There’s also wall-hung toilets (perfect if you’re short on space), one-tank toilets, and smart toilets! If you want the most comfortable and functional option, consider a smart toilet that comes with a heated seat, motion-activated lighting, hands-free flushing and more.
- Shower floors – Larger tiles are slippery and difficult to slope, but smaller tiles offer more traction and allow more creativity in pattern and design.
- Radiant heat – Heated floors in your bathroom may seem like a luxury expense, but in the long run it’s a cost-effective solution. Underfloor heating rarely requires maintenance, and you can program your thermostat so the heat is only on at certain times.
Choose Smart Products for the Most Functionality
If you’re investing in a full bathroom remodel, consider smart gadgets to get the best bang for your buck. There are plenty of devices that can turn your bathroom into a clever one!
Small, waterproof, Bluetooth speakers connect to your phone and let you listen to music, podcasts, or audiobooks in the shower or bath. Lighted mirrors and smart mirrors are great options if you love gadgets – Philips Hue is one of the go-to companies when it comes to smart lighting and offer several options for lighted mirrors, making them perfect for shaving, makeup, or other close-up tasks.
Want to Learn More about Bathroom Remodel Options?
We can help make sure your layout is functioning well, your flooring is attractive yet practical, and your hardware, cabinet, countertop choices match your design preferences.
Our design team has the knowledge and expertise to help you, and our project managers, carpenters, and tradesmen have the skills to get the job done. We believe that a properly designed project is less expensive, completed more quickly, and has fewer cost overruns than a project done “on the fly”. Our process puts you first!
Contact us today, set up a consultation, and start creating your dream bathroom!
All smiles from start to finish!
Cy was a fabulous construction manager. Always communicated with me about any issues, arrival time, etc... So polite and kind. Mary was also so great. She's so creative!
Karen & Dave, Ann Arbor, MI
We appreciate the quality of the work by everyone who came to our house. Dan Mattes was very patient and helpful and answered all of our questions. Our new bathrooms are great!
Steve and Melissa, Ann Arbor, MI
The entire Alpha team was so nice to work with. Every person we dealt with knew their craft and the final product is an example of that.
Jonathan and Amanda, Ann Arbor, MI,
We liked the people. Good working relationship. Design fit our vision. Materials and workmanship were high quality. We would definitely use you again on a future project.
Brian and Joey, Ann Arbor, MI
Ken, Mary, and Phil made the renovation process for our bathroom-laundry room pretty painless. They kept us in the loop, cleaned up at the end of the day, and always demonstrated a high level of professionalism (early/on-time, respectful, reliable, etc.) which made them stand out compared to all the other contractors we contacted.
Adrianne and Chris, Ann Arbor, MI
The new bathroom is great. It was a very positive experience from beginning to end. The quality of the people working for
Alpha is a real credit to the company.
Chris and Pam, Ann Arbor, MI
When it comes to design, cost management and construction, the team at Alpha made me feel confident and reassured that my project would be completed on time and on budget.
Jeff and Mary, Ann Arbor, MI
I have nothing but good things to say about Alpha and what they did for us and our house. What Alpha says they will do, they do. Everyone I talked to had a horror story about contractors. Alpha is the anti-horror story. Alpha is that rarest of commodities – a genuinely reliable contractor.
Tony and Lisa, Ann Arbor, MI
I would highly recommend Alpha to others. The company workers are courteous, show respect and concern for the customer and demonstrate careful and fine workmanship.
Sara, Ann Arbor, MI
In our initial meeting, Alpha was very informative giving us a step-by-step on how and when things happen through the remodel process. Alpha took what seemed to us an overwhelming job and made it a very clear, step-by-step process ending in a great new kitchen!
George and Barb, Pinckney, MI
I absolutely love my house now. It looks brand new, and I have received many compliments from my neighbors (some of whom I have never spoken to before).
Kathy, Saline, MI
To the Alpha team who helped our kitchen be such a wonderful place for us to hang out, cook, and simply enjoy. If we had it to do over again, we wouldn’t change a single thing. We were most impressed with the professionalism you people displayed while working with us. Thank you.
Fred and Barbara, Ann Arbor, MI
We had Alpha build a two-story addition on our 1927 Dutch Colonial house. The design team at Alpha did such a good job of matching the style of the house that people who see it now believe it was all part of the original house.